Friday, July 6, 2012

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

It's official! Liza/Shisha and David are engaged! It's been about a week since it happened but I have been waiting to announce the big news to avoid people hearing about it via the blog. Though I doubt anyone is coming to this blog for current Harkins/Erwin/Loyd family news. 

The cute couple.

They are looking at an October (yes, this October) wedding and it will be at City Museum (see, Ricker, I left of the "the" just for you...MWAH). And to be clear, there is no other reason for the rushed nuptuals other than these two are in a rush to be husband and wife! Get your mind out of the gutter. Can you blame them? I mean, look at 'em.

Meanwhile, I have shifted into full-on Frahnk (Father of the Bride reference) mode, which I reserve specifically for when one of my sisters gets married. As the last time Frahnk came out it was 2001, he's ready and raring to go. I have told Shish that we need a safeword for when I start to overstep. She insisted that wouldn't be the case and refused to come up with a word. So it's left to me. That word will be "ketchup".

So while I might not be able to tie a bow, I am an expert internet searcher, scheduler, and logistical guru, so hopefully I will be able to pull my own weight as a sister of the bride. And the fact that my husband is the director of the venue doesn't hurt much either.

On top of everything else, this means there is one more male to be added to this sea of estrogen. Welcome to the family, Uncle David!

No comments:

Post a Comment