Monday, April 9, 2012

We're Back!

Apologies for not warning of our departure, but I have become paranoid that if I announce a nice, long vacation on the blog, someone will surely come rob me of all my worldly posessions. Of course, I was blabbing about it on Facebook, but at least then the suspect pool would be much smaller. Nothing ruins a good vacation like breaking and entering.





It was a fantastic week in Miami with the family. All of us. All twelve of us. Twelve doesn't really even seem like that many, but to any of you that have met us, 12 goes a long way. No real small personalities in this group.





We celebrated 30 years of wedded bliss for GB and Bigs, there was a BIG Opening Day, there was plenty of pool time, beers, frozen drinks, sushi, Annie eating everything she can get her sticky mits on, long walks in the perfect Miami breeze, sunburned backs and crispy noses, a 15 passenger van that means ONLY 15 passengers, with no carry-ons (lesson learned), Annie's first dips in the ocean, Annie's first attempts to swallow the ocean, Annie's first sand-induced diaper rash from sitting in the ocean, confirmation that Annie is quite possibly the easiest baby on the planet, endless jokes at each other's expense, loads of sunblock thanks to an overzealous first time Mom, big wonderful meals provided by the best hostess ever, and wonderful time with the family. More pics will follow but here's a sampling of my best gal:








The swimming lessons really paid off and she is a true water baby!











Binkie kisses with Dids.











She developed a true love for fresh fruit and would go through strawberries like a wood-chipper.






Miami hair was in full effect!











She even tolerated sunglasses for brief periods of time, mostly after naps.




Thank you, GB and Bigs! It was one for the record books!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to find that my husband and I aren't the only crazy people that do not announce our vacations online - anywhere - even facebook. My fear comes from a father that works in the security business and looks at everything in life as a risk and how to make it secure. My husband's comes from a friend who updated her FB status about her father being in the hospital, sick, and then that night, their house got robbed! People are ruthless.

    We are headed to FL in May, and I am already fretting on how I will keep my very fair skinned girl from getting scorched.

    ReplyDelete