Monday, April 30, 2012

11 Months

Dear Annie,
How in the world are you 11 months old? 11 months and one week???? It is truly very hard for me to grasp. You are so big (and can even do the "Soooooo BIG!" arm movement stunt) and appear to be able to speak english. I was worried for so long that we would have one of those pesky ESL (english as a second language, Mom) babies, and that would be difficult. You understand when I ask you to go pick up your shoes or roll me the ball. You are close to being able to blow kisses (still working on the release) and do the "shhhh" motion. Very high level stuff here.

You had a follow up hearing test on 4/26, which had been stressing me out. Not because I was worried you couldn't hear, but I was worried you would get distracted and not care about turning your head to the whirring noises to either side of you (as you did during your first test) and I would have to argue that you didn't need to be sedated to further test your hearing. But, you passed with flying colors and all is well. Thanks to that pesky "ear tag", we will still have to get you tested every year, but as long as you keep waking up each time we go up and down our rickety stairs, I won't worry too much.

You are still in size 3 diapers. You were about to bust out of your 12-18 month clothes, but then you really starting moving around and now they fit again. Your body is taking on a decidedly "toddler-esque" shape, which is making me a bit sad. Your "muscles" in your bicep general area are disappearing, but you still have the fat pads on the tops of hands and feet, the invisible band is still around the wrists, and your face is still wonderfully chubby.

You are still taking 2 naps a day. Most days you take a shorter nap in the morning (around an hour) and then a longer nap in the afternoon (around 2 hours). You remain a wonderful sleeper and go from around 7-7 on most days. You have 3 bottles of formula a day and are very fickle when it comes to certain foods. Something you love one day (cheese), you will scowl at the next. You love pineapple and grapes (or just about any fruit). Dad fixes you eggs on the weekends, but you will only eat them if we add salsa. I wonder where you inherited that? You have started turning food away based on sight alone, which is troublesome, but we can usually get one bite down and then you are good to go.

You are close to being able to walk. There's lots of cruising going on and you have been observed standing for seconds at a time. You play demolition derby in your walker and are a menace to anyone not wearing shoes in your path. You love your reflection in just about any surface, though I can't say I blame you. It's a very cute baby that lives in our dishwasher door. You still have only two teeth, with no indication that there are any more on the way.

Here are some pics from your 11 month photo shoot. I have given up on the wooden blocks as they are more trouble than they are worth. As you can tell from the photos below, you are still the baby of 100 faces.
You might be working on something in the diaper in this one.

Listening to the train
"I will smash you, iPHONE!"

Tolerating the camera, but not for long.

Grumpy old man face

And my sweet baby face.

In twenty years, I want to remember the "mmmM...mmmM" noise you make when you are starting to get tired. When you really get going, you sound like the music from Jaws. I want to remember how you are so proud that you can feed yourself, but how I will still try to take the bottle from you because Mom is not quite ready for that yet. I want to remember your fascination with EVERYTHING in the bathroom (tub, toilet, trash cans, toilet paper). I want to remember how you love to dance and how you love your sweet bunny lovey. I want to remember how big you seem when I hold you at night on the rare evenings you cry out for us. Instead of holding a baby in my arms, I have a little person draped across my entire torso.   

Most of all, for this period, I want to remember this face...

You are so proud of those two teeth and LOVE to show them to anyone that will look your direction.


I love you sweet girl.
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment