Thursday, April 12, 2012

Yesterday was just one of those days...Annie woke up in a great mood after sleeping in until 7:30. The kind of mood where she would play games with me and make sweet faces and touch the side of my face and look me in the eye and it seemed like she would really see me. We played in the basement, went on a walk, hit the swings in the park, and it was all just great. She took two long naps and each time she woke up the sweetness continued. I felt like my heart was going to explode. I also felt bad that Rick was missing out on all of this, so towards the end of the day, I packed up my bundle of awesome and we headed down to surprise Rick at the City Museum.



This was the first time Annie had been there since she was around 4 months old, and it was a LOT to take in. She made her "thinking face" for most of the trip.




The best thing about being the director of the Museum is getting to waive the 48-inch rule on train riding.




Annie, I hope your Dad stays with this job long enough for you to realize how incredibly cool it/he is (this is also a shot of the "thinking face").


And as it goes, today was started off with major snot-rocket sneezing, spit-ups when I thought we were past spitting up, freezing weather, a constipated poop, and a shockingly NOT constipated poop (within 15 minutes of each other), all before 7:30. And then I had to go to work. I guess not every day can be a perfect Wednesday, but I feel very blessed that average days are still pretty great.


No comments:

Post a Comment