Monday, March 26, 2012

10 Months

Dear Annie,
I am sorry this is a few days late but we have been very busy chasing you around. Yes, you are on the move officially. You crawl everywhere and are very proficient at picking up every little speck of dirt to show me. I guess it's better than you eating it. You are eating just about everything we eat (or at least you want to try it). You still get most of your food as prepared baby food because Mommy is a horrible cook. I really do want to work on getting better at cooking food for you, so when you can actually remember things, it won't be of me microwaving something out of a jar. My goal is for you to read this in 20 years and say, "Mom, I didn't know you couldn't cook!". Here's hoping.

You are still in size 3 diapers and had a bit of a growth spurt recently. You busted right through your 6-9 month clothes and most of the things you wear now are 12-18 months. You love to dance and will stop and drop it down low and give the belly a good shake when you hear a beat you like. It's absolutely wonderful.

We are officially serious about baby-proofing now and are putting up gates to keep you from climbing the stairs. We had previously taken the glass sliding doors off of the entertainment center because I kept envisioning you taking a header into the glass panes. However, now you are obsessed with all the stereo components and love to push all the buttons. You are truly your father's daughter. To keep you out of that cabinet, we purchased what can only be described as a "cage" (don't worry, no roof on this cage). It will also keep you confined to one protected portion of the basement until you are out of the spitting up phase that should have stopped by now.

Escape from the bathroom. You look so small in this picture. In my head you are so very big.

I would like to unfold all this laundry, please. Note all the spit up stains on the new carpet.

In the walker, getting warmed up for a morning walk.

Pulling up to stand, which is you most favorite new trick. You love it so much you skipped an entire day of naps this past Saturday to spend that time standing, screaming, and falling and standing and screaming.... You get the picture.

Twenty years from now I want to remember how you make a sweet squeaky noise when you see your favorite toys (currently a stuffed Elmo), how you spit your food out when you are finished eating, how your little sticky hands and knees sound slapping on the hardwood floors, how sweet your smiling face looks coming around the corner to find me, how you tilt yourself almost at a 45 degree angle and barrel forward in your walker until you ram into a wall/table/doorframe, how you clench and unclench your hands and reach for me when you want me to pick you up or I have something you want, and how determined you are to crawl, climb, shimmy and shake, all without any fear. Part of the prayer I say for you every night is that you grow to be strong, brave, confident, and kind, and I now realize that you already are. I hope you never change.

I love you sweet girl,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment