Monday, September 12, 2011

Stop the Presses-16 weeks

ANNIE ROLLED OVER TODAY!!!!

After I gave the nurse a blank stare at Annie's one month checkup when she asked me if Annie was "tracking", I spend a bit of time trying to anticipate what sort of milestones Dr. Eaton will grill me about in our 4 month checkup. I just know that rolling over will be one of them since everything I read about this age says that they should start rolling over. Since our gal hasn't been a huge fan of tummy time (at least in my presence, Jen claims she loves it) I have been ramping up the TT training the past few weeks to increase our odds. And it looks like all the hard work, grunting, and wailing paid off! Annie worked pretty hard too.

Luckily Rick came home early from work and witnessed the event. I happened to be in the kitchen getting dinner ready (members of my family are smirking at this notion; it involved reheating a pork steak and baking sweet potato fries-gourmet all the way people) when Rick yelled "get in here, she's rolling over!". This is yet another time I am thankful for our tiny house, because I just shimmied about a step and a half from the kitchen to the living room to witness the big event!




Action shot. In case you can't tell, her head is over to the right.


She stuck the landing. I am a little disturbed by how close my shoe is to her head. I guess in my excitement I wanted a super, up close look at the action.





Meh. No big deal. Why are you guys screaming at me?


Oh, and there was screaming for sure. So much so that shortly after that second pic was taken, she started bawling. My guess is that she was shocked by her own strength (and not terrified by the hollering Mommy standing inches away from her face).


She also started grabbing the ring on her playmat and trilled back at me, all in the same evening. I think we've got this next appointment covered. Bring it, Dr. Eaton!

No comments:

Post a Comment