Monday, May 7, 2012

Do you hear the lambs, Clarice?

Holy cow.

Annie has learned to scream.

And it's not a cry-scream from being upset. It's a look-at-me-I-can-scream-at-the-top-of-my-lungs-and-turn-blue-in-the-face-for-no-particular-reason-scream. It's no joke and she will fire without warning or provocation.

She really let it rip at Target the other day and I just paid her no mind, thinking that I have heard zillions of kids screaming in Target (though nothing compared to the tortured children of Wal-Mart) and it's not like I was Saks. Then I realized that if I was in Saks, I wouldn't care because I would be paying those people well to listen to that screaming.

So basically I am officially one of those people that is rolling around with a happy, yet screaming child. Whatever you do, don't try to stop her, because that just invites more screaming, and a little less happy.

I have been advised that this is a phase. Let's hope that's the case, because I don't think her vocal cords or our eardrums could stand prolonged action like this.

2 comments:

  1. Chase does that too. She loved to scream in a restaurant. It was our belief that we couldn't punish a child for screaming in happiness, so we tried to shush if necessary but figured if she was happy, they'd have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Kaly. I am screaming in appreciation of your post title.

    ReplyDelete