Wednesday, November 9, 2011

24 weeks-The One Where She Grows Like a Weed

Yes, it's been 24 weeks. I double checked. Though it has been quite a while since I was pregnant, I am still pregnant in most of my dreams. I have suspected that I am a bit slow for a while. Now we know.

I had heard parents talk about how they wake up one morning and their child is instantly bigger, but I seriously feel like that happened this week. Rick and I went in to wake her up and this is what greeted us:

She's got all the official baby business happening. Invisible band around wrists...check! Super chubby cheeks....check! Soft baby pads on the back of hands....check!

The growth spurt was confirmed when we went to try on her christening gown on Sunday. This dress was my grandmother's and Annie and I are now convinced that children were smaller 100 years ago when she first wore it. Hopefully this is the first and last time she tries on a dress and finds that it is too small. Best to get it out of the way early on. It was really the sleeves with no elastic that did us in. We also have a bit of a sweet, sweet Michelin Man thing happening on the arms. It's almost too much to handle. Thankfully they now make dresses with elastic in the sleeves and tragedy was avoided.


Perhaps this was the cause of the growth spurt? No, Child Protective Services, we are not giving our toothless child a cookie. This is a Mum-Mum, given to Annie by our Jen for Halloween. It's some sort of food sorcery. It's a banana flavored rice cake that dissolves in the mouth. Like cotton candy. I wonder how many redneck babies have been given cotton candy?

Annie also appears to be giving us the finger in this shot. One perfect chubby finger.

1 comment: