Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Days of Birth

I remember 10/24/01 vividly. I had been Chaney and Dan's right hand man during their pregnancy and I was lucky enough to be there when sweet Parker Elizabeth Hagemann was born. I think seeing Parker being born was the first time I really thought I could be a mother, and Chaney made the birth look so easy...after she vomited, of course. Parker was the first baby I ever spent any considerable time around, and I was in love from the very start. I can't believe she is 10 already. I remember being 10. I am thankful she is an age where she will remember her baby cousin and how Annie smiles every time Parker talks (even when she's not talking to Annie).

Double digits. It's a big deal. Next stop....teens!

Chaney and Dan blazed the trail as far as babies are concerned. I like to think that because Parker was so awesome, everyone started having babies after that. I am sure that's what it was. Some people started and never stopped. My friends Emma and Kevin welcomed their third baby into this world on 10/25, Hayden Max.

Tonight I am especially thankful for all the healthy babies in my life, old and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment