Monday, November 26, 2012

Disney-18 months

Though I did not mention it here, because I am afraid of scary internet people that will rob me, we were in Disney World over Thanksgiving. These scary internet people are not to be confused with all the scary internet people that are on facebook and instagram, because I BLEW UP those suckers with pictures of us on vacation. Oh well. We were not robbed. That I can tell.

There will have to be a longer summary at some point, but I wanted to let you all (all 4 of you) know we survived. We did more than survived. We kicked Disney World's booty. I am so thankful for Rick's generous family for providing us with this wonderful trip. I am thankful for a wonderful husband that is such a great travel companion. But (as far as the trip was concerned), I am most thankful for our amazing 18 month old Annie.

Disney really puts things in perspective. While it is the happiest place on earth, there are times when it doesn't seem quite so happy. At any given moment you are in earshot of some child in the throes of a full-blown nuclear (noocular) melt-down. I think the water supply to the joint is actually desalinated baby tears.

But not our baby. To say she was a trooper wouldn't do it justice. Sure, she was fussy a few times, and she did strike a few blows to her sweet cousin (and a few stranger kids) while waiting in lines. But we really saw how things could be. And while she does hit and squirm and not like to be held and runs all over the place, she is also sweet and happy and kind (when she's not hitting) and so funny that she makes strangers laugh.  


So to our Annie, a few days after your one and a half year birthday, thanks for being so wonderful. I think Rick will agree with me when I say that where ever you are is the happiest place on earth.

I love you, sweet girl.
~Mom

2 comments:

  1. She also bites...don't stick fingers near Annie's mouth when she's eating. Lesson learned by Chase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband won't let me post anywhere when we are going on vacation (did we discuss this before? I'm having deja vu.) Even though we have a next door neighbor that is more efficient then a house alarm and a guard dog.

    But on happier thoughts - Disney World! I cannot wait to take Avery! So glad you guys had a great time! Maybe when we are ready to go, you guys will be ready to go back and we can meet there and let our pseudo twin daughters play!

    Ok, crazy town is signing off and going to bed now.

    ReplyDelete