Saturday, June 16, 2012

#2

So the title has a dual meaning. It's the second post about poop, or the #2. I have recently wondered why it's secondary to the pee because anyone who has ever experienced any difficulty with the poop knows that it is muy importante. It's certainly becoming #1 in our house.

After the last post about Annie's frequency of pooping, I got a call from Jen during the day to inform me she (Annie, not Jen) had major diaper rash. Annie has had only one brush with diaper rash thus far, and that was due to some rogue sand that stayed too long in a swim diaper. That cleared up fairly quickly.

I don't know if she has a bug or is teething or both, but the frequency of the deuce has led to some of the saddest looking diaper rash I have ever seen. Granted, I haven't seen much, but when your little baby winces in pain when you go to touch her and holds her little lady parts away from you when you hold her, it breaks my heart.

So we are on day 3 of poopapalooza and spent the majority of the day diaper-free, letting her business air out. And somehow there have only been three #2s on the hardwood. The first time it happened my only thought was how thankful I was that it wasn't in a diaper that smushed it all over her, thus requiring a hellish and wailing diaper change. It was a very "I am officially a parent" moment. And, thanks to Bexar, I can handle accidents on the floor. It's the uncomfortable and hurtie baby I can't take much more of. Any and all recommendations for diaper rash treatment are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Your icebox cake comment killed me. Glad to know I'm not alone. thanks for that! And so sorry for the diaper rash situation... there's nothing worse! My littlest got the worst one from too much watermelon and it was fully open and bloody. Lots of airing out and stinky desitin.... sure you've heard more creative options than that. Everyone told me corn starch... no french toast pun involved. But I never tried that... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete