Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Marathon Training

While I have no complaints about St. Louis as a city, I would like to submit a complaint regarding one of St. Louis' less enjoyable attributes: weather. Specifically summer weather. Rick and I are training for a half marathon in October, which is (in theory) preparing us for a full marathon in Miami in January 2011. While it could be the hangovers, or laziness, I choose to blame the heat for my lack of motivation for training the past few weeks. Hell, we have only been training for 2.5 weeks, so it's been pretty miserable from the get-go. Only 9.5 more to go! We have been trying to get up super early to beat the heat, but it's proving to be impossible. I got up at 6:00 am this past Saturday to get on the road by 7, and even at that time it was 86 degrees outside! No good. I am thinking I should just get myself back to bed and wake up when the weather is more runner-friendly. Somewhere around November...

No comments:

Post a Comment