Saturday, July 31, 2010

Home Inversion

It's been a really productive day over here at CdE. We started the day with a trip to the Hagemann's to deliver post-bday bagels to Dan, then some estate sale shopping, and a trip to Lowe's. Serious excitement over here. What IS exciting is that we found some cabinets to fit in the one corner of our kitchen that will allow us to have REAL DRAWERS!!!! Not these rinky-dink 4-inch wide drawers that we currently have that were manufactured to torture people (and we only have 3 of those). Real drawers, and a real cabinet where we can put pots and pans. Rick just finished painting them and they should be in place in the next day or so. We just need to figure out what to put on top for the counter-yes, additional counter space to boot! I must be all that clean living I am doing to deserve such treasures.

While Rick was slaving away with the painting, I was forced out of the downstairs because I was having a panic attack over all the displaced stuff. You see, there are about 13 square feet in the lower level of our mansion, and when stuff is out of place, it makes me mental. So I went upstairs to clean the upper wing (duplicate 13 square feet). I don't know what came over me, but I got all meth-head cleaning on this biz. Those of you not from Missouri (I am positive there are some exotic bloggers translating this blog into arabic as I type), meth use results in endless energy and attention to detail. Those are the pros. The cons are paranoia (a possible result of the attention to detail) and meth mouth. Some would argue the cons are a small price to pay for a clean house, but as someone that is already missing teeth, the meth mouth is not something I am interested in. And before Mom goes and calls the cops on me, everything I learned about meth I learned from the Dateline Special "METH: A County in Crisis". Don't judge me, it was on a neighboring county and I felt it was my civic duty to be informed. But I digress....

I usually think the upstairs of our house is the much easier to clean because B doesn't go up there anymore (more on that in another post) and neither do we, except to shower and sleep. Turns out, it's not that it doesn't take longer, I just haven't been cleaning it well. My theory on this is that I always start downstairs with the cleaning and by the time I get up there, I must lose steam or something. So three hours later, the upstairs is spotless. But now the downstairs is in shambles. Here's hoping the paint dries and all order is restored by sundown tomorrow, or I might have to take a mental health day on Monday.

How is THAT for the most boring post ever? Well, don't you worry my little pretties, you will be rewarded tomorrow for your loyalty when I post pictures from last night's demolition DERBY! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment