Thursday, July 11, 2013

Operation Meal Planning: Update 1

I previously mentioned here that I nearly pushed us all over the edge into a diabetic coma after an exceptionally stout candy consumption at a Monster's University viewing. I vowed to do better, to try to make more healthy dinners, and to eventually lower the chances of me killing us all slowly via various diet related ailments.
 
I hit the ground running. I got tons of recipes off www.emilybites.com, I ordered a cookbook, and one kind soul took pity on me and sent me a cookbook as a gift. Really, my two readers are quite generous.
 
The first night I made this grain/edamame salad with some trader joes turkey meatballs (Monday). I also cooked some chicken ahead of time and made pesto (from scratch, HEY HEY LOOK AT THIS CHEF!).
 

 
 
I then used the pesto chicken mix and made chicken pesto Panini wraps.
They were as good as they look.
 
Ok, they were better than they look because this pic is disgusting.
 
I think we also had veggie burgers and sweet potato fries one night this week, along with the leftover pesto chicken mix in some pasta.
 
 
More food pics to come, because what's more exciting than pictures of food? And I am hoping that by keeping you all in the loop on this, it will motivate me to keep it up. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. it's hard to take pictures of food. at least I find it challenging, they hardly ever turn out! good luck with the meal planning :)

    Em K


    Win a pair of Manitobah Moccasins!

    ReplyDelete