Thursday, July 25, 2013

19 Weeks

It seems Boom decided to grow a bit while we were on our workcation trip last week. But since I refused to put on anything that was tight (other than my swimsuit, which is TIIIIIGHHHTTT because I refuse to buy a maternity suit). I felt some pressure and general discomfort which I attributed to my steady diet of chocolate chip cookies. 
 
 
But the photo tells a different story. Boom is officially bigger, and seems to be hanging out a bit lower than Annie was. Chaney declared that I "finally look pregnant".
 
 
So far this pregnancy is a whole host of new experiences. I am huge much earlier. I had a bit of nausea, which I didn't have with Annie. I feel like I have to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes, day and night. I am having trouble sleeping, which is partly due to the bathroom breaks and partly because I just can't get comfortable. I am already feeling the baby move, which is wonderfully reassuring. Basically it's as if every pregnancy symptom is amplified ten times. In some cases it's good, but in some...not so much.
 
One similarity is that I hate meat again. Meat in almost any form except hamburgers and lunch meat. And the latter is working its way up the list of dislike again quickly. Thankfully we have stocked up on plenty of cheese and peanut butter so I am not protein deficient. And woefully constipated.
 
We are almost to the halfway mark, which blows my mind. We go for our anatomy scan on Monday, which will be exciting to see our little guy. It also means we should have some good pics to show of him during next week's post.
 
To give you an idea of Boom's size, he is roughly 6 inches long now, and 10 ounces. I will spare you the fruit size reference, but it rhymes with rantaloupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment