Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013


After last week's panic attack regarding how to pull off a holiday which involves gift giving (I was apparently raised by wolves, or Jehovah's witnesses, according to Debbie), I'd like to think I was relatively calm. I guess putting all my concerns down on internet paper and hearing everyone's proclamations that I was taking it all too seriously was like cheap therapy. As long as these kids don't start comparing notes, I think all will be hunky dory.

I did have one teeny tiny moment where I demanded Rick assist me in the wee morning hours to go out and hide the eggs because I was terrified that if we waited, the neighbor kids would see us and they would know there wasn't an Easter Bunny. I think that's my main concern: ruining other kid's beliefs in holiday creatures. I am apparently perfectly content with ruining my own child's beliefs.

Since I am sure the blogs will be filled with easter recaps I will keep it short:

Annie looked super cute and declared her outfit "pretty", which is the ultimate goal for her these days.
You really should heed the age recommendations on toys. This wand was for 5+ years. When wielded by an almost 2 year old, it is a very dangerous weapon.
Older cousins make egg hunting much more fun.

An extra long train at the end of the day was a perfect end to a great day.
Can we just take a moment to admire that baby belly coming out from under that size 2T shirt. Delish.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see baby belly hanging out of Avery's shirt, I have to resist the urge to bite it. So YUM!

    Annie is adorable. And the headband!!! I would have to sedate Avery to get one on her for longer than 5 seconds.

    ReplyDelete