Friday, February 3, 2012

Sick

Sorry we have been so MIA over here. I got the call last Friday that Annie had a fever, so I rushed her to the doctor, convinced we were going to be admitted to a hospital of some sort. Turned out she had a cold. Being a first time parent can really rattle the ole nerves from time to time. Relaxing, it is not.

The weekend included the Grandparents Erwin coming in to babysit for an evening while we went out to celebrate Chaney's 37th birthday. Nothing like leaving your sick, wailing baby as your first real "night out" experience. Thankfully Grandma and Papa Erwin have done this a time or two before and handled it like real champs. Rick and I were not so composed and fought the urge to check in every 15 minutes.

As luck would have it, I then started to get sick on Sunday. It hit full-tilt boogie on Tuesday and I am finally on the back side of it now. Annie has perfected her snot-rockets and nothing makes me feel more like a Mom than constantly wiping her nose. You have to be fast about it or else (WARNING, this is gross, and Annie won't be happy I wrote this in 12 years) she will try to LICK up the business that has just shot forth from her nose. It's nothin' but class over here people! I guess she gets a pass since she's still a baby. I will start to worry if this behavior continues as we are headed off to college.

We are still in the drainage phase, just in time for us to board a plane to Miami. I can only imagine the joy the person will feel sharing a row with two sneezing, coughing, snot blowing individuals, one of which happens to be an 8 month old. I fully expect this poor soul to take one look at us and kindly request the flight attendant's assistance in locating another seat. Can't say I blame them. This is sure to be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment