Sunday, February 26, 2012

Big Weekend

This was a bit of a whirlwind of a weekend. We had our first swimming lesson on Saturday, which provided many learning opportunities for future swimming lessons. The main one being that it will take more than 10 minutes to prepare for swimming lessons. And that the post-swimming lesson locker room scenario will be as close to hell on earth as you have come in your life. You will let your child, that puts everything in their mouth, on the grimy locker room CARPET because there is nowhere to put her. I am still recovering.

Despite her deer in the headlights look here, Annie rocked swimming lessons. No tears and she acted like she had done this 100 times before. I was also pleasantly happy that all the chlorine in the water was burning my face because Annie's primary objective was to drink the water. I have convinced myself that ingesting chlorine is less harmful than e. coli or some other water-borne parasite.

The weather on Sunday was perfect for the highly impractical turtle neck, short-sleeved sweater. Hard to wear, but oh so cute.

She was apparently comfy enough to fall asleep in her big girl car seat. It's not very often that my child's outfit makes me feel I am under dressed.

We finally bit the bullet and purchased the B.O.B jogging stroller. Sure, it's roughly comparable to a monthly car payment, but we already used it twice on Sunday. Annie sacked out during the maiden voyage and I got a good workout in. Everyone wins!

And a big Happy Birthday to Mr. Big Daddy Loyd. We miss you and hope you are having a perfect day!

1 comment:

  1. I used to take in the umbrella stroller. I would sit her in the stroller, change in the bathroom with her, then change her...go about the swim lessons... go change her (stay soaking wet), put her back in the stroller, and change again. Then she was never on the floor (thank God).

    ReplyDelete