Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Sweet Valentines

I am very lucky to be filled with so much love today.

I love Rick for making sure he's there to wake Annie up each morning and feed her.

I love Rick for fishing all those pesky boogers out of Annie's nose (and then showing them to me).

I love Rick for offering to get up each and every time Annie cries in the night.

I love Rick for having such an overwhelming job, but for taking so little of it home with him.

I love Rick for being such a child at heart and being so playful with Annie.

I love Rick for not getting upset when Annie reaches for me, because he knows when she's old enough to know how to play, she will be ALL ABOUT her Dad.

I love Rick because I always knew he would be a wonderful father, but he somehow managed to exceed all of my expectations.

I love Rick because he tolerates all my bossiness and cranky times (yes, it happens).

I love Rick because we make such a good team.

I love Rick because he has always made me feel as if we are on a great adventure, but so safe, no matter what we are doing.

I love Rick because I didn't think I could love him any more than I did before Annie came along, but there is something about watching a man with his child/daughter that makes them pretty much irresistible.


And Annie....I don't even know where to start. She changes so much every day.

I love how she is moving so much that she hardly wants to be held (though it makes me a bit sad).

I love how she will reach up and touch my face almost like she's trying to memorize it.

I love how she looks different almost every day because she's growing so fast.

I love how she will start to almost tremble when she gets really excited about something (peanut butter was the latest).

I love how she will reach for me and I soak in every minute, because I know there will come a time when this fickle child will reach for others (see above).

I love how one person will say that she looks just like me, then another person will declare that she looks exactly like Rick.

I love how she loves to bang on just about anything.

I love how banging on things comes a distant 2nd to chewing on things.











So maybe they were right, all you do need is love....and perhaps something to chew on.


Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment: