Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Full Nasal Assault

Warning: Gross Booger Post Ahead!

As you are aware, I love my child dearly. So much so, that I am not bothered by her "big girl" poops, which are always prefaced by the world's stinkiest toots. Vomit bothers me not. I love a good diaper-changin'. My major obsession this morning happens to be the huge flappy boogie lodged squarely in Annie's left nostril. While I am not grossed out by it, it is giving me a strange level of anxiety. I can hear it wrassling around in there when she breathes and, thus far, I have not been able to extract it.

Not for lack of trying, I should add. I first started with the bulb syringe, but she wasn't having it and I was terrified I was going to end up jabbing her brain by accident with that thing, she was thrashing around so much. I then deployed this bad boy that Rick had previously ordered because we knew how much she hated the bulb syringe. Well, let's just say it went over like a booger-laden balloon. While I had no issues actually trying to suck the snot out of my child's nose myself (secure that there was a wad of tissue paper between my mouth and the offending booger), she just hates anything that goes up or around her nose.

I was panicking by this point. I kept thinking how annoying it would be if I had something like that lodged in my nose. The booger was taunting me with each frustrated cry from the babe. If it was about a centimeter forward, I could probably grab it the old fashioned way, but it was just out of my reach.

There's no happy ending here folks. Annie is now napping with her new pal, booger. We've got the humidifier blasting full steam in hopes that it loosens that thing up for later retrieval. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment