Thursday, February 21, 2013

Travel

I know I always say that I don't like announcing trips on the blog, but I am seriously sweating over here. We have a trip planned to go see my parents and we are scheduled to leave tomorrow morning. Those of you not in a 50 mile radius of a TV might not know there is a huge storm coming across the midwest. And because weather is a fickle science, or St. Louis weather people suck, we don't know if we will get 1 inch or 8 inches. Ice, sleet, snow? Who knows? All schools were cancelled before the first snowflake fell. We have the market cornered on weather related frenzies.

And of course, this is the one time I was super-prepared. We shipped all of our luggage down ahead of time to avoid baggage fees and the risk of our bags not making our tight connection in Atlanta. I have a gallon ziploc full of ringpops, lollipops, goldfish, and fruit leather. We have stickers galore and movies queued up on the iPad for instant viewing.

Listen here, storm. You do your thing today, but get out of here with ample time for the yahoos at Lambert to get their act together. This is not a request.


Someone has a pretty sweet beach outfit and I will be damned if she doesn't get to wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment