Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chatterbox

Annie is getting more and more vocal these days. Most of the time it's just babbling, but now we are babbling with inflection. There's a difference.To me. She has also started repeating the last syllable/few letters of some things we say to her:

Me: Balloon
Annie: ooooon!
Me: Kitty Cat
Annie: AT!

I thought she had started calling her binkie "mimi" because that's what she would say when she would be reaching/looking for it. I thought that was pretty cute. Then we went into the back yard and she spotted the neighbor's jungle gym and Annie started lurching towards it and screaming "MEEEMEEEEMEEEEMEEEE!". So it's not a sweet nickname for her binkie (that was also the name we had for my grandmother). It's a demand. At least she knows what she wants!

1 comment:

  1. Someone at work asked me the other day, if Avery is saying "No" yet. And I replied "NO!" and then thought about how my sweet girl would NEVER say NO to me! Then my sister JUST texted me that she told Avery "NO" when she was getting into a drawer she should not be, and Avery turned around and said "NoNO NO" right back to her - then laughed! womp. womp. womp.

    ReplyDelete