Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Too Full For Fitness

Rick and I have been really great about working out. We've been getting up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 and hauling ourselves downstairs to complete a circuit training DVD before Annie wakes up. It's really endless glamour at our house. I think we've made it 5-6 days a week for the past month or so. Until this week.

When I rule the world, I will make it illegal to work out on Mondays. Getting up for work is hard enough. Getting up extra early to work out might be a sign that someone is criminally insane. We had indulged a bit on Sunday whilst pretending to watch football. When the alarm went off on Monday morning, Rick and I lay perfectly still and avoid eye contact (this is easy because it is PITCH BLACK because it is practically the middle of the night) because if I see him, I will be forced to get up.

R: Do we do this?
K: mrrrrrrblaaahhh
R: Kaly, do you want to get up?
K: Let's think about it for a minute.
few seconds pass, I fall back asleep
R: K, are we getting up? (he's probably so annoyed with me at this point that he won't be able to sleep any more, but I am so out of it I pay it no mind)
K: What? Today? No. I am too full from yesterday.

Yes, that's right. Too full to work out. Most people would use that as an excuse TO work out. Not me. I need optimal conditions which were not being met on that particular morning. We swore we would get back on the wagon this morning, but I think my body was too tired from processing all that food. We also had a huge storm in the middle of the night (actually 2 hours pre-workout wake up time) which required a trip with Annie to the basement. Know who actually likes to be woken (is that a word?) up at 3 in the morning? Babies. They think it's really cool. So cool, that getting back to sleep is optional. I blame nature for missing this morning's workout.

We vowed to workout this evening, come hell or high water, then get back on the morning routine starting tomorrow...unless something dire happens like me sleeping on my wrist wrong or having a nasty case of bedhead.

1 comment: