Monday, December 15, 2014

Midnight Pears

We have finally joined a church and have been attending fairly regularly. I have always prayed with the kids before bed (whether they realize it or not) but usually Annie would interrupt me and we would go of on some other tangent and I would circle back to quietly finish the prayer as I sat with her.


But lately Annie has been saying she's "scared" at night. Now, who knows if this is just a ploy for additional parent time or if she is actually scared of the dark? But either way, part of my prayer is that Angels will watch over them and keep them safe while they sleep.


After about 1,523 questions from Annie about these "angels" (do they have wings? are they "ghostses"? how big are they? can you see them, mommy? do they like my room?) I think she finally has accepted the night time prayer and finds comfort in the angel portion of it.


Last night Rick put Annie to bed and I just gave her a quick kiss goodnight and started getting ready for bed myself.


At midnight I hear her padding over to Rick's side of the bed:


A: Mommy needs to see my pants.
R: What? What about your pants? Do you have to go to the bathroom?
A: No, my pears. Mommy needs to see my pears.
R: .....rolls over..."she wants you"


Annie and I walk back into her room and she is talking about her pears and how I forgot them. At this point I think she's sleepwalking and just tuck her back in because, pears????


But she isn't having it. She jolts back up in bed and demands pears.


Me: I don't know what you are talking about with the pears.
Annie: You know mommy, like God?


Oh.....I forgot to say your prayers.


Thank you, God, for these sweet babes. I promise I won't ever forget their pears again.

1 comment:

  1. This prompted me to make sure that Chase begins to say her "pears" at night, too. We also read "The God Book" which is called Jesus Calling and has the Bible stories in it. She digs it.

    ReplyDelete