Tuesday, April 8, 2014

We are alive, almost 4 months and almost 3 years

Sooooo. What's up?

Remember us? We are neck deep in baby/toddler land over here. Dare I admit this in a semi-public forum (semi only because there are four people that read this blog), but John is sleeping through the night. Like real-deal sleeping through. 7:30-6:30. Somehow I am still only getting 6 hours of sleep a night, but whatevs. It's good for me mentally to be able to say that at least one person in this house is getting sleep.

Rick and I joke that John is our "fake baby". He is possibly the most laid-back human baby on the planet. If he didn't smile and laugh in response to our fabulously hilarious antics, I might think something is wrong. But thankfully with these second babies, I seem to worry a bit less. I mean, I haven't gotten a hand cramp from furiously searching the internet for mysterious infant maladies like I did with Annie, so that's a step in the right direction. No?

John is still nursing, which is FINALLY going well. As you can see from his size, we are no longer worrying about him getting enough nourishment. Homeboy is large. We are almost in 6-9 month clothing and only using size 1 diapers because we have a ton to get through, but he is practically busting out of those bad boys. He eats 5 times a day now, usually at 7, 10, 1, 4, and 7. I only mention this for documentation purposes.

It is crazy to me how much you forget about babies in the down time between. I find myself looking at the information from when Annie was a baby to see what we should be doing now. This is bizarre because we certainly didn't know what we were doing the first time around, but yet it seems as if I know even less now. I am the Benjamin Button of parenting knowledge.

Annie is awesome. She is hilarious. She is starting to pick up fun new phases and is a shockingly excellent mimic. If I make a noise out of exasperation or frustration, she will say "mom, why you say (and then make the exact noise)?" She has gone from being the world's worst eater to maybe almost the world's third worst eater. I have finally just started rolling with it because I think she's genuinely not hungry. I mean, sometimes she won't even eat ice cream or cookies. Thankfully Mom and Dad are around in these circumstances to make sure this stuff doesn't go to waste.

That's all I have time for now, but eventually I will have both the mental capacity and the time to blog on the regular again. Until then, I might just start sending pics. That's all you people really want anyway. There's a surprising number of pictures of me in the images below. Not sure how I feel about that but I know I will be thankful for them later.

2 comments:

  1. Man, he is just too cute! And you look great! How are our 1st babies going to be THREE?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete