Monday, September 16, 2013

pregnancy brain, 26 weeks+6 days

Mornings are usually a scramble. I try to get as much done as possible before Annie wakes up. Rick usually packs her lunch, I scarf down some food and try to appear as if I have showered in the last 24 hours. Sometimes I have, sometimes I haven't. The fun part is, I look the same (read: scary) regardless. Who can keep track of things like personal hygiene anyway?
 
This morning I decided to take advantage of some of the clothes my sister had passed down to Annie from her girls, since I knew they wouldn't fit next year and I just came across them this past weekend, even though they were in a bin clearly labeled (by yours truly) "ANNIE SPRING 2T CLOTHES, GO THROUGH MARCH 2013"....and then I must have shoved the box deep in the bowels of the basement never to be seen again, until the end of summer.
 
But I checked the weather and figured it was a perfect day for the cute little sleeveless top and flowered shorts. Sure, it was a little chilly when we left this morning, but I had checked by Weather Channel app and it said the high was 87. Annie mentioned a few times she was cold on the way to the car, but I tossed her rain coat in her general direction and assured her it would warm up soon.
 
I kept looking out the window over the course of the day wondering if it just looked like fall outside? Then a co-worker came in and mentioned that it was a bit chilly out there. And I looked at my phone again...
 
 
 
So the high today is 87 degrees.
 
In Atlanta.
 
Sorry, baby girl. Make sure and thank Jen for the sweatshirt. 

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy brain or not -- I think it's a phone fail. Mine does it every once in a while... I'm not sure why it thinks I care so much about other city's weather.

    I find myself (home on maternity leave) watching way too much news. If you need a weather update, just text me, I'll be able to tell you the high, lo, record high set so many years ago, and weekend forecast. :)

    ReplyDelete